One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The transmission is provided with a speed sensor for detecting rotational speeds of input and output shafts so as to detect the operating state of the synchronizer at the time of the gear stage change.’
- ‘And, since it's likely to be abused at least part of the time, Honda engineers fitted the six-speed with triple-cone synchronizers on the first two gears, and double-cone units on the rest.’
- ‘As the aircraft was cleared to FL 160, the pilots started their landing checks, during which there was a question about the synchronizers.’
- ‘For all of us, light is a powerful synchronizer of circadian rhythms, and we now know that the brain contains specific nerve pathways for daylight to shut off melatonin production.’
- ‘Inside the S700i is a media player, FM receiver, sound recorder, games, internet browser, mail client, address book synchroniser, and many ways to connect with computers and televisions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.