One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Montreal-based circus has completed its scouting effort in Athens, hoping to turn gymnasts, synchronised swimmers, trampolinists and divers into its new generation of daring ‘artistes’.’
- ‘The athletes comprise of 16 male and 16 female swimmers, 12 divers including competitors in a newly adopted event, synchronized diving, 12 synchronized swimmers and 36 water polo players.’
- ‘To accentuate water as the essence of life, several synchronised swimmers perform a calming and mystical aquatic ballet.’
- ‘A further team of swimmers, divers, water polo players and synchronized swimmers will also be vying for honours at the Asia Pacific Championships in Hong Kong later this month.’
- ‘Soon she's joined by her fellow performers - athletes all - who tumble and splash, mimicking synchronised swimmers and Olympic racers in a playful display of clowning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.