One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Soon she's joined by her fellow performers - athletes all - who tumble and splash, mimicking synchronised swimmers and Olympic racers in a playful display of clowning.’
- ‘The Montreal-based circus has completed its scouting effort in Athens, hoping to turn gymnasts, synchronised swimmers, trampolinists and divers into its new generation of daring ‘artistes’.’
- ‘To accentuate water as the essence of life, several synchronised swimmers perform a calming and mystical aquatic ballet.’
- ‘The athletes comprise of 16 male and 16 female swimmers, 12 divers including competitors in a newly adopted event, synchronized diving, 12 synchronized swimmers and 36 water polo players.’
- ‘A further team of swimmers, divers, water polo players and synchronized swimmers will also be vying for honours at the Asia Pacific Championships in Hong Kong later this month.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.