One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a synapse or synapses between nerve cells.‘the synaptic membrane’
- ‘Each little bump or spine on each dendrite is a synaptic connection from another nerve cell axon terminal.’
- ‘This primary pathology includes a range of inflammatory disorders as well as neuronal loss along with dendritic damage and synaptic loss.’
- ‘This is the release of a neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft from synaptic vesicles in the axon terminal.’
- ‘After synaptic transmission is blocked by botulinum toxin, the muscles become clinically weak and atrophic.’
- ‘A major type of neuron in the cerebral cortex may receive up to 10,000 synaptic connections from other neurons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.