Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to a synapse or synapses between nerve cells.‘the synaptic membrane’
- ‘This primary pathology includes a range of inflammatory disorders as well as neuronal loss along with dendritic damage and synaptic loss.’
- ‘A major type of neuron in the cerebral cortex may receive up to 10,000 synaptic connections from other neurons.’
- ‘After synaptic transmission is blocked by botulinum toxin, the muscles become clinically weak and atrophic.’
- ‘Each little bump or spine on each dendrite is a synaptic connection from another nerve cell axon terminal.’
- ‘This is the release of a neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft from synaptic vesicles in the axon terminal.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.