Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to a synapse or synapses between nerve cells.‘the synaptic membrane’
- ‘A major type of neuron in the cerebral cortex may receive up to 10,000 synaptic connections from other neurons.’
- ‘This is the release of a neurotransmitter into the synaptic cleft from synaptic vesicles in the axon terminal.’
- ‘After synaptic transmission is blocked by botulinum toxin, the muscles become clinically weak and atrophic.’
- ‘Each little bump or spine on each dendrite is a synaptic connection from another nerve cell axon terminal.’
- ‘This primary pathology includes a range of inflammatory disorders as well as neuronal loss along with dendritic damage and synaptic loss.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.