One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nobody can determine exactly what the infection rate is, as the infection is usually symptomless and so difficult to detect.’
- ‘Meanwhile, there could be a large pool of symptomless people who do not realise they are carrying the infectious prion protein responsible for both the cattle brain disease BSE and vCJD.’
- ‘I worried about contracting diseases - especially symptomless diseases - where my lack of physical complaints simply confirmed the severity of my case.’
- ‘Pre-eclampsia is symptomless in its early stages and at present detectable only by regular checks on the mother's blood pressure and urine.’
- ‘In its early stages it is symptomless and painless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.