One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The set of symptoms characteristic of a medical condition or exhibited by a patient.
- ‘All subjects underwent a thorough medical screening to exclude symptomatology or clinical evidence of hepatobiliary disease.’
- ‘There were no significant time or interaction effects on diabetes treatment adherence and eating disorder symptomatology.’
- ‘Lower scores are associated with less depressive symptomatology whereas higher scores are associated with more depressive symptomatology.’
- ‘Given the patient's mild symptomatology, treatment was withheld pending return of cultures.’
- ‘The patient described in this article showed no apparent adverse symptomatology or outcome as a result of his lesions.’
- ‘Mothers with a positive diagnosis for current psychiatric symptomatology were given a score of one; mothers with a negative diagnosis were given a score of zero.’
- ‘Based on symptomatology, our study identified three types of post-combat syndrome.’
- ‘Sixty-four percent had radiographic responses and improvements in respiratory symptomatology.’
- ‘Its absence indicates that patients with negative symptomatology have a decreased interest in exploring the environment.’
- ‘The symptomatology of these patients resembled an acute exacerbation of their illness which was still evident one month after the initial ingestion.’
- ‘None of the 5 patients had antecedent symptomatology suggestive of myocarditis.’
- ‘We used current depressive symptomatology as an indicator of psychological health.’
- ‘A knowledge of age-dependent physiology and clinical symptomatology will improve diagnostic accuracy.’
- ‘The detection of viral RNA in a respiratory sample suggests a viral contribution to respiratory symptomatology and pathology.’
- ‘Babinski obtained his doctorate with a meticulous thesis on the topography of lesions and their correlation with symptomatology in multiple sclerosis.’
- ‘Given the complexity in the cause and symptomatology of premenstrual syndrome, a vast array of treatments have been suggested.’
- ‘Metabolic control, diabetes treatment adherence, eating disorder symptomatology, and general psychopathology were measured at all assessment points.’
- ‘The recommendation that an incipient diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome should be considered after six weeks of characteristic symptomatology was taken out of context.’
- ‘It is also believed that this resulting inflammation and airway injury, in some manner, alters airway function and generates clinical symptomatology.’
- ‘The first group of exercises in this chapter deals with current symptomatology and health care issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.