One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It has veered from offering slightly more moderate versions of Howard's policies to new departures, such as a more independent foreign policy - fine as generalities but symptomatically short on detail.’
- ‘Duncan summons the entry's orthodox interpretation established more than a century ago by historian Elliott Coues, who read it as ‘a sadly interesting passage’ and linked it symptomatically with Lewis's suicide four years later.’
- ‘This manifests symptomatically with episodes of severe muscular weakness or paralysis, tetany and postural hypotension.’
- ‘All too often, patients, particularly the elderly, continue to be treated symptomatically for alcohol-related conditions without recognition of the underlying problem.’
- ‘Five of the seven patients who were able to be followed improved symptomatically and had no opportunistic infections after 4-7 months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.