One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All too often, patients, particularly the elderly, continue to be treated symptomatically for alcohol-related conditions without recognition of the underlying problem.’
- ‘Five of the seven patients who were able to be followed improved symptomatically and had no opportunistic infections after 4-7 months.’
- ‘Duncan summons the entry's orthodox interpretation established more than a century ago by historian Elliott Coues, who read it as ‘a sadly interesting passage’ and linked it symptomatically with Lewis's suicide four years later.’
- ‘It has veered from offering slightly more moderate versions of Howard's policies to new departures, such as a more independent foreign policy - fine as generalities but symptomatically short on detail.’
- ‘This manifests symptomatically with episodes of severe muscular weakness or paralysis, tetany and postural hypotension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.