One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounZoology
- ‘Don't mistake symphylans for the larger centipedes, which are often beneficial predators.’
- ‘The seeming random changes in patterns of symphylan infestation make field studies very difficult.’
- ‘Garden symphylans are small, 12-legged insects, about 1/4 inch long, that live in the soil.’
- ‘Adult symphylans are white in color with a slender soft body about 1/8-1/4 inches in length.’
- ‘‘It's interesting that, having built up these nice soils, that a whole different set of pest problems come in, like symphylans and vertebrates like gophers and voles,’ says Mike.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.