One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘‘It's interesting that, having built up these nice soils, that a whole different set of pest problems come in, like symphylans and vertebrates like gophers and voles,’ says Mike.’
- ‘Adult symphylans are white in color with a slender soft body about 1/8-1/4 inches in length.’
- ‘Don't mistake symphylans for the larger centipedes, which are often beneficial predators.’
- ‘The seeming random changes in patterns of symphylan infestation make field studies very difficult.’
- ‘Garden symphylans are small, 12-legged insects, about 1/4 inch long, that live in the soil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.