One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The fusion of the corolla lobes to a sympetalous corolla is late (late sympetaly) taking place by meristem incorporation and fusion across the backs of the anther primordia.’
- ‘Within a single genotype, gerbera flowers may vary in a number of parameters, including sex expression, symmetry, sympetaly, and pigmentation.’
- ‘There are thus two directions of adaptation: from polypetaly [many petals] to oligopetaly [fewer petals] and from separate petals to sympetaly [fused petals]’
- ‘This kind of sympetaly is otherwise unknown in the Clusiaceae.’
- ‘This may be a primitive character-state expression for the family (choripetaly in Azima is presumably less specialized than incipient sympetaly in Salvadora).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.