One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Symmetry symbolises perfection and beauty: faultless petals arranged symmetrically to form a flower, the attractiveness of an unblemished, symmetrical human face.’
- ‘The normal umbilicus is symmetrically indented into the abdominal wall, though it may be nearly flat in very slender people.’
- ‘Bacteria divide symmetrically during normal growth and have a central constriction to bring about binary fission of the cell.’
- ‘Plan all welding sequences so that they are balanced symmetrically about the neutral axis of a joint.’
- ‘Each cell type is present symmetrically on either side of the midline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.