One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bacteria divide symmetrically during normal growth and have a central constriction to bring about binary fission of the cell.’
- ‘Plan all welding sequences so that they are balanced symmetrically about the neutral axis of a joint.’
- ‘Each cell type is present symmetrically on either side of the midline.’
- ‘Symmetry symbolises perfection and beauty: faultless petals arranged symmetrically to form a flower, the attractiveness of an unblemished, symmetrical human face.’
- ‘The normal umbilicus is symmetrically indented into the abdominal wall, though it may be nearly flat in very slender people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.