One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘Myaskovsky's Sixth, written in 1924, is rooted in post-Romanticism, while its stance, equating the Revolution with the biblical apocalypse, links it to the Russian symbolists of the previous decade.’
- ‘In the late nineteenth century, the French symbolists admired Ibsen for the mystery and potency of his symbols, which can be found in all his work but are most prominent in his early, verse drama.’
- ‘The publication of each portrait was dedicated to one of the outstanding young Bulgarian symbolists such as Nikolai Liliev, Dimcho Debelyanov, Teodor Trayanov, and Nikolai Rainov.’
- ‘Unsinkabillity became the leading feature of the Titanic's short life only after it hit the bottom, and the fictionalists and symbolists took over.’
- ‘The enfant terrible of the symbolist movement, he wrote some of the 19th century's most visionary and influential poetry and prose before abandoning writing at the age of 19.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.