Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for sylvite
- ‘Rocksalt (sodium chloride), sylvine (potassium chloride) and fluorite (calcium fluoride) can all be produced artificially.’
- ‘In this process, the different dissolution behavior of halite, sylvine and primarily of kieserite is exploited.’
- ‘Potassium chloride is a white crystalline solid or powder, and is the most abundant of the naturally occurring salts of potassium, found mainly in the mineral sylvine.’
- ‘Sylvite, also called sylvine, is a major source of potassium or potash used in fertilizer products.’
- ‘However, China is relatively deficient in reserves of sylvine and boron.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.