One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both Communism and anti-Communism derive tests of faith syllogistically from shaky first principles.’
- ‘Here's the question: Many of your beliefs might flow logically (perhaps not syllogistically, but using logical argument) from other beliefs.’
- ‘Syllogistically these two premises led (for Aquinas) to one conclusion.’
- ‘These presentations, when confirmed by repeated experience, are syllogistically developed by the understanding into concepts.’
- ‘You are taking an arrogant liberty in syllogistically assuming that those who support refugees do not ‘give a damn’ about the laws of this country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.