One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See syllableusually in combination ‘many-syllabled words’
- ‘Scientists who jabbered on needlessly using five syllabled words had always gotten on his nerves.’
- ‘When Coriolanus does speak, it is often with an austere, minimally syllabled, and steely precision.’
- ‘And yet the entire purpose of the exercise would remain lost in the half-baked intellectual stringing together of ten syllabled words.’
- ‘He couldn't say any more then a one syllabled word at the moment.’
- ‘I wanted to send her a string of multi-syllabled expletives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.