One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The division of words into syllables, either in speech or in writing.
- ‘Observations made indicate, for example, which child needs more assistance in phonics, syllabication skills, use of context clues, in creative and critical thinking, as well as in problem solving.’
- ‘However, syllabication serves an important role in writing instruction, providing the writer with a basic formula and starting point.’
- ‘Hopkins and Peck hold similar views, adding that children of all ages should try writing about a brief moment and not confine themselves to the 5-7 - 5 syllabication limitations.’
- ‘What is meant by the following: Alphabet, phonetic, orthography, etymology, syllabication?’
- ‘A member of the French department at The Johns Hopkins University helped students arrive at correct pronunciation and syllabification of the poetic text prior to recording the vocal versions.’
- ‘The art of banter, which is both a workplace and television writer's art, the true insider's patois (there's a special rhythm to the banter in the show, a staccato syllabification), may be at the heart of The West Wing's success.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.