One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The division of words into syllables, either in speech or in writing.
- ‘What is meant by the following: Alphabet, phonetic, orthography, etymology, syllabication?’
- ‘However, syllabication serves an important role in writing instruction, providing the writer with a basic formula and starting point.’
- ‘Hopkins and Peck hold similar views, adding that children of all ages should try writing about a brief moment and not confine themselves to the 5-7 - 5 syllabication limitations.’
- ‘A member of the French department at The Johns Hopkins University helped students arrive at correct pronunciation and syllabification of the poetic text prior to recording the vocal versions.’
- ‘The art of banter, which is both a workplace and television writer's art, the true insider's patois (there's a special rhythm to the banter in the show, a staccato syllabification), may be at the heart of The West Wing's success.’
- ‘Observations made indicate, for example, which child needs more assistance in phonics, syllabication skills, use of context clues, in creative and critical thinking, as well as in problem solving.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.