One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We may label this prosodic feature, syllabicity, with / / in our reconstructions.’
- ‘A note on glides, syllabicity and tone in Gurung.’
- ‘When the [r] becomes non-syllabic, the loss of syllabicity is accompanied by dropping the vowel in the spelling.’
- ‘This view of glide-vowel contrasts raises a problem for any theory: if vocoids can be contrastively specified for syllabicity, why can't other potentially syllabic segments?’
- ‘Seymour et al. have shown that simple and complex syllabicity affects decoding and orthographic depth affects both word and pseudoword reading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.