One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A study undertaken by an organization to identify its internal strengths and weaknesses, as well as its external opportunities and threats.
- ‘This paper uses the familiar SWOT analysis framework to explore the partnership options that exist in the development and implementation of the project.’
- ‘The SWOT analysis it produced (examining strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats) provides much valuable detail.’
- ‘Our information should help them if they want to do a SWOT analysis of their businesses in a global context.’
- ‘Traditional management tools - like benchmarking and SWOT analyses will no longer suffice.’
- ‘To do this, planners have begun work with a SWOT analysis which views an organization's Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.’
- ‘A good SWOT analysis enables a company to improve the effectiveness of product development and marketing strategies.’
- ‘It seems too basic for me to suggest they do a SWOT analysis, I don't even really believe in them for the most part.’
- ‘A SWOT analysis is also useful at this stage to identify the organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.’
- ‘The work will include a review of the strengths and weaknesses of existing service delivery, known as a SWOT analysis.’
- ‘Do a SWOT analysis and realise your core competencies and weaknesses.’
- ‘A SWOT analysis can be applied to a position, an idea, an individual, or an organization.’
- ‘Into this category fall such techniques as scenario planning, SWOT analysis, PEST analysis, opinion surveys, various competitor analyses, and benchmarking approaches.’
- ‘Forte must decide what the goal of the business is and review the current business through a SWOT analysis, which involves looking at strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in depth.’
- ‘External facilitators, SWOT analysis, and flipcharts with coloured dots purport to reveal the mysteries of the universe’
- ‘The data collected from SWOT analysis are used to develop the company's business objectives.’
- ‘As people plan for their future, it's useful to conduct a SWOT analysis - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.’
1990s: SWOT, acronym from strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.