One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fern with long, slender fronds.
Genera Polystichum and Nephrolepis, family Dryopteridaceae: several species, including the North American P. munitum and the tropical N. exaltata
- ‘Ornamental grasses, sword ferns, and heathers are good choices.’
- ‘Some had fronds (fresh and/or dried) of sword fern woven into the structure.’
- ‘For dry shade, consider bush anemone, Pacific Coast iris, or Western sword fern.’
- ‘In these beds, I planted sword ferns and vine maples, like those growing wild nearby.’
- ‘Thanks to a cool, moist climate, magnificent stands of sword fern grow in great sweeps on forest floors and form delicate tufts of green lace on rocky cliffs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.