One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fern with long, slender fronds.
Genera "Polystichum" and "Nephrolepis", family "Dryopteridaceae": several species, including the North American "P. munitum" and the tropical "N. exaltata"
- ‘Some had fronds (fresh and/or dried) of sword fern woven into the structure.’
- ‘For dry shade, consider bush anemone, Pacific Coast iris, or Western sword fern.’
- ‘In these beds, I planted sword ferns and vine maples, like those growing wild nearby.’
- ‘Thanks to a cool, moist climate, magnificent stands of sword fern grow in great sweeps on forest floors and form delicate tufts of green lace on rocky cliffs.’
- ‘Ornamental grasses, sword ferns, and heathers are good choices.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.