One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sales technique whereby cheap or non-existent goods are placed on offer on favourable terms to entice the consumer into buying similar but more expensive items.
- ‘The following bait advertisement and bait and switch selling practices in the advertising, offering for sale or selling of any wholesale or bulk cut of meat to induce the sale of said meat are prohibited.’
- ‘‘Unfair trade practices’ include other causes of action, such as false advertising and bait and switch selling tactics.’
- ‘The following table highlights some of the possible areas for switch selling when speaking to students or responding to written requests for information.’
- ‘The following topics are covered: Planning sales activity, Putting together bigger deals, switch selling and Using customer knowledge to influence success.’
- ‘Mr. Bostian added, ‘The immediate concern that I have is that if the market does not stabilize next week it could touch off mutual fund switch selling, which was one of the dominoes in the 1987 decline.’’
- ‘The Act also governs a wide spectrum of more specific advertising and marketing conduct, including promotional contests, ordinary selling price claims, product performance claims and bait and switch selling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.