One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(on the online dating app Tinder) indicate that one finds someone attractive (or unattractive) by moving one's finger to the right (or left) across an image of them on a touchscreen.‘I swiped right, but sadly for me, she swiped left’figurative ‘are elephants more likely to ‘swipe right’ when they see mates with longer trunks?’
- ‘Erin met her boyfriend when they both swiped right.’
- ‘So, on a whim, I downloaded Tinder, quickly created a profile, set my search radius to within 5km, and started swiping right on everyone who seemed like-minded.’
- ‘Watching friends bent over their smartphone swiping left or right on Tinder and sending racy Snapchat photos with flirty captions has left me thinking that romance is dead.’
- ‘I might need to start swiping left on Tinder a little more.’
- ‘He hasn't come up yet, but when he does, I'm swiping right.’
- ‘He swiped right on Grace and started messaging her.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.