One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Isn't this is exactly the same justification as was given for the swingeingly high service charge in the first place?’
- ‘Over recent years, mainframe growth has been stifled by high software prices - especially swingeingly high charges for small applications.’
- ‘Then we were swingeingly taxed on the latter, which was the real point of the exercise.’
- ‘Nice in principle, but in practice it would mean that poor areas would have to have swingeingly high tax rates to fund much-needed local services.’
- ‘TV licence - have a TV and don't pay this and the day will come when you get a swingeingly huge fine!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.