One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Over recent years, mainframe growth has been stifled by high software prices - especially swingeingly high charges for small applications.’
- ‘Then we were swingeingly taxed on the latter, which was the real point of the exercise.’
- ‘Nice in principle, but in practice it would mean that poor areas would have to have swingeingly high tax rates to fund much-needed local services.’
- ‘TV licence - have a TV and don't pay this and the day will come when you get a swingeingly huge fine!’
- ‘Isn't this is exactly the same justification as was given for the swingeingly high service charge in the first place?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.