Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An information tag attached by a string to an article for sale.
- ‘The Cashmere Made in Scotland swing ticket will be launched during London Fashion Week, which begins today.’
- ‘The Swing Ticket needs to be eye catching and informative and represent your brands values.’
- ‘Security loops help to prevent theft by making it virtually impossible to remove or replace the swing ticket.’
- ‘It is common ground that this order covered, not only the drawing of the combination logo itself, but several other drawings for what were point of sale material e.g. swing tickets.’
- ‘For marketing purposes, the swing ticket needs to be both eye catching and informative.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.