One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coat cut so as to swing when the wearer moves.
- ‘Be on the lookout for shift dresses and swing coats.’
- ‘In the 50’ s A-line swing coats came into style, and let me tell you, it simply isn't old yet!’
- ‘This theory is often found in modern commercial costume patterns, and can closely resemble a modern ladies swing coat.’
- ‘Also, avoid swing coats with yards of fabric as they can make a curvy shape look chunky and shapeless.’
- ‘A classic 1950's swing coat designed to hide a multitude of sins!’
- ‘Tags range from about $68 for a logo T-shirt to more than $400 for swing coats and go-go knee boats.’
- ‘Unbutton your plain white dress shirt to show off a little extra cleavage for evening, add a long drop necklace, and top it with this metallic swing coat and pumps.’
- ‘Cardin shortens his suit jackets and flares his skirts, even forsakes his trademark swing coats for a slimmer, fitted model.’
- ‘Capes, swing coats, trenches and several gorgeous classics, like these two (actually worth the price because you'll be wearing them for years, until they fall apart).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.