One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clothing worn for swimming.
- ‘The two brands provide a series of swimwear, gym wear, underwear and accessories which are young, sporty and sexy.’
- ‘You can match your swimwear with your skirts for new looks as you go from the beach to the bar for a drink.’
- ‘Remember, our selling collections, which incorporate knitwear, bags and swimwear, are huge.’
- ‘The right compartment had all her casual clothes, her blouse, jeans, pants, dresses and even swimwear were.’
- ‘Entirely sensibly, I came to the conclusion that I don't look good in swimwear and a sash, and my head's too big for a tiara.’
- ‘Everybody else put on their clothes over their swimwear, and gathered up their things, then they started to head out of the sports center.’
- ‘Once she arrives she will be given a glamorous wardrobe packed with designer gowns, swimwear and suits.’
- ‘The firm, set up in 1957, manufactures lingerie, swimwear and nightwear for high street stores and designer labels.’
- ‘Even in swimwear they dress formal, I laughed to myself.’
- ‘Although women usually get all the attention during summer, now men can also make a few heads turn with the right swimwear.’
- ‘The company supplies quality underwear and swimwear in a large range of sizes and styles.’
- ‘Potential applications include fabrics for dresses and blouses as well as swimwear and aerobic wear because the fiber dyes well with spandex.’
- ‘Avoid wearing shiny or sparkling swimwear as this makes you look like fish-like and may provoke a shark attack or big fish attack.’
- ‘To a lesser extent, the line includes swimwear, bats and bags (from handbags to make-up bags).’
- ‘You would be advised to wear comfortable shoes, swimwear and other gear and, of course, take sunglasses and a hat!’
- ‘The collections featured included resort wear, brights, casual wear, executive, formal clothes and swimwear.’
- ‘She eventually managed to find a shop which sold swimwear, and chose a black two-piece which she could not imagine herself wearing.’
- ‘Other women on the beach were wearing traditional swimwear, which included skirts, long-sleeved blouses and stockings.’
- ‘A lot of women want to find cheap plus size swimwear because they are buying it for a holiday and probably won't wear it that often when they return home.’
- ‘Well it's coming up to summer again which means that the layers of clothing are reduced and on many occasions little but swimwear will be called for.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.