Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A woman's one-piece swimming costume.
bikiniswimming costume, bathing costumeswimming togs, cossiebathers, swimmersswimwear, bathing dress, bathing suitView synonyms
- ‘Passing by with my daughter, we decided to buy two brassieres and a swimsuit.’
- ‘Clothing stores experienced a rapid increase in business as people flocked in to buy new shorts, sunglasses, and swimsuits.’
- ‘Curiously, all of the women finalists in this event chose to wear classic swimsuits.’
- ‘Both women looked dry and comfortable in their custom-made skintight two-piece swimsuits.’
- ‘Throw in a couple of swimsuits, caps and goggles, and you're talking another $100 or so per year.’
- ‘Dresses, jumpers, pajamas, and swimsuits are popular baby clothes most parents would like to have.’
- ‘Without hesitation, the savvy shopper races through the revolving door and picks up sundresses, swimsuits and sandals.’
- ‘She was wearing a swimsuit that consisted of a tunic and a normal bikini bottom, both in hunter green.’
- ‘I didn't even pick out a swimsuit because I planned on getting out of swimming somehow.’
- ‘Typically, only exposed skin is affected - skin not covered by swimsuits, wet suits or waders.’
- ‘In racing, these swimsuits might help a swimmer swim anywhere from a few hundredths to a few seconds faster.’
- ‘The boys insisted on wearing cut-off jeans instead of competitive swimsuits.’
- ‘There was a time when she wore shorts, tanktops and swimsuits.’
- ‘Now swap all skates, helmets and padding for flippers, snorkels and swimsuits.’
- ‘After each person had changed to their swimsuits, them met at the station's Olympic size swimming pool.’
- ‘She has a degree in Apparel Design and has designed sportswear and swimsuits for a major manufacturer.’
- ‘What stood out here were the beautifully cut swimsuits and the form-fitting tops and skirts.’
- ‘This should match with your top, your t-shirt and your swimsuit to create different looks.’
- ‘In another drawer there was a swimsuit and a leotard and special shorts to go with it.’
- ‘We can finally say goodbye to our woolens and hello to swimsuits and shorts!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.