One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Shorts worn by men for swimming.
- ‘Jay stood in his navy blue swim trunks and white shirt that must have just been thrown on to look decent walking through the hotel.’
- ‘Rescue workers rushed injured people dressed in bikinis and swim trunks to waiting ambulances.’
- ‘He had on baby blue swim trunks and he was shirtless.’
- ‘These items include a beach towel, bottled water, sunscreen, proper footwear, and in most cases, swim trunks.’
- ‘He was wearing swim trunks and no shirt, and his bare chest was tan like his face.’
- ‘How long do you think it would take to pick up a pair of shorts and put them on over swimming trunks?’
- ‘But then he appeared to be wearing swimming trunks and flippers!’
- ‘He then removed his shirt and pants to reveal his swimming trunks.’
- ‘He wore a soft green polo shirt with white swim trunks.’
- ‘He was wearing his swim trunks and a white tanktop.’
- ‘He wore a pair of turquoise swim trunks, but no shirt.’
- ‘He wore no shirt and a pair of black swimming trunks.’
- ‘He was wearing a red collared shirt with some blue swimming trunks.’
- ‘He was still in his swim trunks and a sweatshirt, with messy hair.’
- ‘He was wearing navy blue swim trunks and a white tee shirt with the sleeves torn off.’
- ‘He is wearing no shirt and just his red swim trunks.’
- ‘Yesterday I couldn't find my shorts, so I went running in my swimming trunks.’
- ‘He showed up about a half and hour later in blue swim trunks and a cut off shirt.’
- ‘Walking hand in hand, we passed several other people on roller skates, in bikinis and swimming trunks.’
- ‘I ran back up the stairs before he could answer and put my blue swim trunks on under my jeans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.