One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Shorts worn by men for swimming.
- ‘He was wearing a red collared shirt with some blue swimming trunks.’
- ‘Walking hand in hand, we passed several other people on roller skates, in bikinis and swimming trunks.’
- ‘How long do you think it would take to pick up a pair of shorts and put them on over swimming trunks?’
- ‘He then removed his shirt and pants to reveal his swimming trunks.’
- ‘These items include a beach towel, bottled water, sunscreen, proper footwear, and in most cases, swim trunks.’
- ‘He was wearing navy blue swim trunks and a white tee shirt with the sleeves torn off.’
- ‘He was wearing his swim trunks and a white tanktop.’
- ‘But then he appeared to be wearing swimming trunks and flippers!’
- ‘He wore no shirt and a pair of black swimming trunks.’
- ‘He wore a soft green polo shirt with white swim trunks.’
- ‘Jay stood in his navy blue swim trunks and white shirt that must have just been thrown on to look decent walking through the hotel.’
- ‘He was still in his swim trunks and a sweatshirt, with messy hair.’
- ‘He is wearing no shirt and just his red swim trunks.’
- ‘He had on baby blue swim trunks and he was shirtless.’
- ‘Yesterday I couldn't find my shorts, so I went running in my swimming trunks.’
- ‘He was wearing swim trunks and no shirt, and his bare chest was tan like his face.’
- ‘I ran back up the stairs before he could answer and put my blue swim trunks on under my jeans.’
- ‘He showed up about a half and hour later in blue swim trunks and a cut off shirt.’
- ‘He wore a pair of turquoise swim trunks, but no shirt.’
- ‘Rescue workers rushed injured people dressed in bikinis and swim trunks to waiting ambulances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.