One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pleopod
- ‘A setose lobster has distinct hairs on the swimmerets under its tails, indicating breeding condition.’
- ‘The female swimmerets are slightly larger and more feathery with tiny hairs, while the tail itself is often larger and more pliable to accommodate the eggs.’
- ‘After fertilization, she glues the eggs to her swimmerets (swimming legs).’
- ‘She peered at the remains through an oversized magnifying glass, paying careful attention to the swimmerets near the tail.’
- ‘Swimming crabs can easily be recognized by the fact that their hindmost legs have developed into ‘swimmerets’, paddle shaped at the ends so that they can be used for propulsion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.