One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for pleopod
- ‘A setose lobster has distinct hairs on the swimmerets under its tails, indicating breeding condition.’
- ‘She peered at the remains through an oversized magnifying glass, paying careful attention to the swimmerets near the tail.’
- ‘Swimming crabs can easily be recognized by the fact that their hindmost legs have developed into ‘swimmerets’, paddle shaped at the ends so that they can be used for propulsion.’
- ‘The female swimmerets are slightly larger and more feathery with tiny hairs, while the tail itself is often larger and more pliable to accommodate the eggs.’
- ‘After fertilization, she glues the eggs to her swimmerets (swimming legs).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.