One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lieb is sweetish, low in acidity and suited to drinking without food but at best it is a well-constructed and very commercial wine that appeals to the uninitiated wine drinker.’
- ‘Adding lime zest and juice is my personal preference: the tangy edge balances an otherwise sweetish pudding.’
- ‘For some of the top brews such as the kariho daiginjo, a mellow, sweetish sake served cold, slices of sashimi are recommended.’
- ‘The best-known dressing-up dish is kimchee, vegetables pickled in sweetish but mostly hot red chili paste touched with garlic and ginger.’
- ‘It was a big salad, served with sweetish bread - although my lovely companion complained of an over-abundance of melon slices, this wasn't a problem for me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.