One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express good wishes to a person going to bed.
- ‘Amy smiled, wished him sweet dreams, and walked into her room.’
- ‘The girls complied, and Nicole peeked into the living room to wish her mother sweet dreams before going to bed.’
- ‘Time now to slip away into that state of being awake and asleep at the same time. Good morning and sweet dreams.’
- ‘After so many years Julie had gotten used to putting herself to bed, but that never changed the fact that she wished someone would be there to tuck her in, and wish her sweet dreams.’
- ‘I will see you tomorrow Brigid, sweet dreams.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.