One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of unsalted butter made from fresh pasteurized cream.
- ‘I liked sweet butter better, but sweet butter was too dark.’
- ‘It's served warm, in a pool of sweet butter, and deep inside the yeasty, lead-balloon interior is a slathering of plum jam.’
- ‘We reminded ourselves of just how well this sharp fruit marries with the sweet butter, flour and sugar topping.’
- ‘Poujaran makes the most delicious financiers anywhere: moist ovals of ground almonds and sweet butter bound together with the least amount of flour, just enough to bind everything together.’
- ‘It did not take me long, however, to fall in love with the American-style breakfast of paper-thin bacon strips (it had to be very crispy), scrambled eggs (very fluffy), and raison toasts loaded with sweet butter.’
- ‘Excellent winecraft has enhanced the intense fruit with details of tender sweet butter, soft spice and a lightly creamy texture that give the wine grace as well as balance.’
- ‘Toast points can also be used with sweet butter.’
- ‘It is nice, in an English garden, to order a side of fat green minted garden peas, roiling in sweet butter, and to drink a wild garlic and potato soup.’
- ‘Then baguette with fresh sweet butter, raspberry jam.’
- ‘These pretty, mild radishes are piled atop sliced of hearty, crusty country bread or baguettes spread with sweet butter.’
- ‘With it they also had a hearty loaf of dark grain bread, sweet butter and for Erik and Maria, a small tankard each of Gerald's finest stout ale.’
- ‘The youngsters ate hungrily of the warm bread doused in sweet butter and honey as they stared up at the tall stranger.’
- ‘Served with horseradish mashed potatoes smothered in sweet butter and vegetable medley.’
- ‘Mike Newell, vice president of marketing, reports that the company has recently added a little more flavor to its sweet butter.’
- ‘Fresh sweet butter, the highest quality of which contains as much as 85% milk fat, is responsible for producing the cake-y crumb and buttery flavor of a primo loaf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.