One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of unsalted butter made from fresh pasteurized cream.
- ‘The youngsters ate hungrily of the warm bread doused in sweet butter and honey as they stared up at the tall stranger.’
- ‘With it they also had a hearty loaf of dark grain bread, sweet butter and for Erik and Maria, a small tankard each of Gerald's finest stout ale.’
- ‘These pretty, mild radishes are piled atop sliced of hearty, crusty country bread or baguettes spread with sweet butter.’
- ‘Fresh sweet butter, the highest quality of which contains as much as 85% milk fat, is responsible for producing the cake-y crumb and buttery flavor of a primo loaf.’
- ‘Poujaran makes the most delicious financiers anywhere: moist ovals of ground almonds and sweet butter bound together with the least amount of flour, just enough to bind everything together.’
- ‘Served with horseradish mashed potatoes smothered in sweet butter and vegetable medley.’
- ‘It is nice, in an English garden, to order a side of fat green minted garden peas, roiling in sweet butter, and to drink a wild garlic and potato soup.’
- ‘Excellent winecraft has enhanced the intense fruit with details of tender sweet butter, soft spice and a lightly creamy texture that give the wine grace as well as balance.’
- ‘Then baguette with fresh sweet butter, raspberry jam.’
- ‘We reminded ourselves of just how well this sharp fruit marries with the sweet butter, flour and sugar topping.’
- ‘I liked sweet butter better, but sweet butter was too dark.’
- ‘Mike Newell, vice president of marketing, reports that the company has recently added a little more flavor to its sweet butter.’
- ‘It's served warm, in a pool of sweet butter, and deep inside the yeasty, lead-balloon interior is a slathering of plum jam.’
- ‘Toast points can also be used with sweet butter.’
- ‘It did not take me long, however, to fall in love with the American-style breakfast of paper-thin bacon strips (it had to be very crispy), scrambled eggs (very fluffy), and raison toasts loaded with sweet butter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.