Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A second hand on a clock or watch, moving on the same dial as the other hands.
- ‘It has a gold tone dial face with fancy design, bold numbers with small sweep second hand.’
- ‘Bright colors sweep second hands are all 13 mm long from center post to tip.’
- ‘With hour, minute and sweep second hands, each watch in the collection has ultra-luminescent hands and numbers, making it easy to see what time it is, even when exploring beneath the vast seas.’
- ‘Quality features include stone crowns, sweep second hands, double-looped leather band for added reinforcement and moisture resistance.’
- ‘The jumping second hand chronographused an independent center sweep second hand which advanced continuously rather than in jerks.’
- ‘I personally prefer the Aqualand Duplex to the Hyper (being old and set in my ways about sweep second hands) but I also have a Hyper and use it as a backup dive data collector for download.’
- ‘These watches have sweep second hands which means that they move in a continuous motion.’
- ‘In the test, participants were given 6 presentations of a video clip of a numberless, unmarked clock with a sweep second hand and a 2-second blast of white noise.’
- ‘The original gold with white luminous inlay hour minute and gold sweep second hands are in perfect condition!’
- ‘I am looking first for a gold watch with a sweep second hand that is luminous for night viewing.’
- ‘A pulse recorder self contained in a wristwatch type case includes a front face having a sweep second hand actuated by an electrical stop watch movement.’
- ‘It was mounted on vinyl tiles, laminated to protect images from dirt and a sweep second hand for visual impact.’
- ‘Some styles had sweep second hands but this one did not.’
- ‘The latest series were hi-beat 28,800 bph movements with very smooth sweep second hands and were developed to compete with the new tuning fork models.’
- ‘This spectacular watch features bright white baton hands with luminous inserts, and a beautiful yellow sweep second hand.’
- ‘If you work for the US Government in some capacity you'll be able to buy some of these excellent-looking 24 hour clocks with sweep second hands.’
- ‘It is a modern wall clock with Quiet sweep second hand that moves in a continuous sweeping motion with no ticking.’
- ‘Release the pusher, and the stopped rattrapante hand ‘catches up’ with the advancing sweep second hand.’
- ‘These French watches have unique minute, hour and sweep second hands.’
- ‘The clock has a high quality quartz movement with a sweep second hand and includes 2 year life AA Alkaline battery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.