One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A suit consisting of a sweatshirt and sweatpants, worn when exercising or as leisurewear.
- ‘I can remember him entering the rehearsal on his knees, apologizing for being late, with a cowboy hat and a velour sweatsuit and sunglasses.’
- ‘Wallis and Peterson, both Type A joggers, disagreed and donned identical cotton sweatsuits and caps and stepped out into a downpour.’
- ‘I half expected to see an old white man dressed in a velour sweatsuit with a diamond stud in his ear and gold ones in his grill walk off the bus.’
- ‘Putting on a wetsuit or drysuit is like wearing a sweatsuit; your body starts losing moisture even if you're feeling quite cold, and you are unlikely to be aware of it.’
- ‘He reportedly only wore baggy sweatsuits and didn't play at all.’
- ‘He was bearded and looking like he hasn't changed his sweatsuit in three weeks.’
- ‘The only reason we don't walk around dressed in sweatsuits or oversized garbage bags every day is because of the off chance that our tidy appearance will be acceptable to potential mates.’
- ‘I would go to sleep in my sweatsuit, wool socks, and even a balaclava.’
- ‘He claimed she was blindfolded and sent into the ocean at Dockweiler Beach dressed in a heavy sweatsuit, socks and tennis shoes.’
- ‘Some teams, such as the Titans, whose injured players missed more than 200 combined games, spent tens of millions of dollars on players who watched the games in sweatsuits.’
- ‘As soon as the doors opened, I saw a balding man in a sweatsuit waving the sports section of a newspaper around and shouting frantically into his cell phone.’
- ‘Despite the cold, he huddled under the rock and stripped down, replacing the soaked jeans and shirts with the sweatsuit.’
- ‘I saw the familiar haze of magnesium floating in the air, the yellow landing pits carefully covered with foam rubber mats and slim girls in sweatsuits working out.’
- ‘Dancers would wear sweatsuits because they knew they were going to work it.’
- ‘As soon as this guy chose to outfit all his groomsmen in personalized velour sweatsuits, they just started flying off the shelves; we couldn't keep them in stock.’
- ‘In the locker room she peeled off her sweatsuit and put it and her bag in an empty locker.’
- ‘But when it comes to putting on the workout gear and picking up the weights, well, most of us just throw on the sneakers and sweatsuit - and head to the mall or the couch.’
- ‘The article had gone on to becry fat ugly Americans who infested the world's civilized airports in baggy sweatsuits and squeaky tennis shoes.’
- ‘While dressing sporty has little to do with the industry you're in, wearing baggy jeans, sweatsuits, and pro-team apparel has more to do with your attitude than the sports team on your jersey.’
- ‘One was dressed head to toe in a red sweatsuit, the other was dressed head to toe in a purple sweatsuit, and both of them had on white tennis shoes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.