One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Loose, warm trousers with an elasticated or drawstring waist, worn when exercising or as leisurewear.
- ‘Vanessa quickly pulled on a sweater and sweatpants before heading down to the kitchen for some late breakfast.’
- ‘Put him in sweatpants and a ‘world's greatest dad’ t-shirt and no-one would ever know the difference.’
- ‘He was wearing a black pair of sweatpants and a light gray shirt that showed off his well built muscles.’
- ‘I own countless tank tops and sweatpants picked up cheaply at a department store.’
- ‘She slipped into a T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants she found in one of the drawers.’
- ‘She threw her hair up into a ponytail, and quickly put on sweatpants and a sports tank top.’
- ‘I glided over to my pajama drawer and selected a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt to wear to bed.’
- ‘We both slip into sweatpants and tee shirts, and put our sopping hair up as it drips down the back of our necks.’
- ‘I know that she would never go into town in her pale grey sweatpants and sage green sweatshirt.’
- ‘She had the portable phone in her hand and wore a bathrobe with sweatpants underneath.’
- ‘He saw her sitting at the corner of her room in a pair of gray sweatpants and a tank top.’
- ‘After my bath I wrapped a towel around myself and entered my bedroom to change into sweatpants and a tank top.’
- ‘In their second performance, they wore black glitter sweatpants and very tiny little tops.’
- ‘She came out a moment later wearing a pair of sweatpants and a plain white shirt.’
- ‘My wet clothes had been traded for a warm pair of sweatpants and a fresh t-shirt.’
- ‘She let the blanket fall down to the floor and she grabbed a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants from one of his drawers.’
- ‘Ian returns with a sweatshirt and sweatpants, fleecy and smelling of soap and faint cologne.’
- ‘He wore a black sleeveless shirt and a pair of drawstring sweatpants.’
- ‘I changed into black sweatpants and a grey tanktop, and crawled into bed as carefully as I could.’
- ‘Mr. Marcas was embarrassed to find himself speaking to his superior in sweatpants and no shirt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.