One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If only I had some talent for writing I would get on these assignments as fast and as sweatily as I could.’
- ‘But in any measurement, today is meltingly, achingly, sweatily hot.’
- ‘I try and set off earlier but nothing ever changes, you can bet that 2 minutes after the scheduled start time I will sweatily appear.’
- ‘The air was hot and the mosquitoes were biting as Tom Brown sweatily trudged from house to house on the leafy suburban street.’
- ‘He grasped the stems sweatily, screwing his eyes shut and praying hard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.