One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of offensive language.‘there's a lot of swearing in the show’
- ‘As someone who speaks fluent Spanish, I found myself swearing in Spanish when my people got cantankerous.’
- ‘I didn't want the alcohol, the swearing, the bad memories, the parties or the guilt anymore.’
- ‘The magistrates found Baldwin guilty of the charge of causing criminal damage, but dismissed the public order offence of swearing and spitting because of insufficient evidence.’
- ‘A year ago I first caught him swearing in Russian about it.’
- ‘I knew he wasn't really getting angry at me; if anything, he might have just been getting angry at himself, or maybe he was just swearing out of habit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.