One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for zoospore
- ‘In the tropics, where life's maximal abundance is, the young offspring (seedling, hatchling, larva, zoospore, myxocyst, swarmer or germling) remains unrecognized and nameless unless scientifically described.’
- ‘We exploit swarmer cells of S. marcescens as a ready source of microscopic low Reynolds number pumps.’
- ‘All radiolarians secrete strontium sulphate at some point in the life cycle - as the adult shell in Acantharea, and as crystals in ‘swarmer cells’ produced during asexual reproduction in Polycystinea.’
- ‘That way, we can understand how swarmers come in from across the intercoastal waterway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.