One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deer that inhabits swamps and grassy plains in India and Nepal.
Cervus duvaucelli, family CervidaeAlso called barasingha
- ‘Enclosures of the hyena, the black buck, the swamp deer, the sambar, the hog deer and the cape buffalo have been repaired and improved.’
- ‘The need for protection of the Sundarbans is highlighted by the record of past local mammalian extinctions, including the wild buffalo, the swamp deer and the hog deer.’
- ‘A few years ago, I was filming the courtship of swamp deer in a remote marsh in Uttar Pradesh.’
- ‘I found out faster than a tick can jump onto a South Carolina swamp deer, that reloading does not save you one red cent.’
- ‘‘Illegal trapping and killing of wildlife in Manas has already taken a toll on larger mammals, such as the rhinoceros, tiger, swamp deer, and hog deer,’ said Narayan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.