One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A deer that inhabits swamps and grassy plains in India and Nepal.Also called barasingha
- ‘‘Illegal trapping and killing of wildlife in Manas has already taken a toll on larger mammals, such as the rhinoceros, tiger, swamp deer, and hog deer,’ said Narayan.’
- ‘A few years ago, I was filming the courtship of swamp deer in a remote marsh in Uttar Pradesh.’
- ‘Enclosures of the hyena, the black buck, the swamp deer, the sambar, the hog deer and the cape buffalo have been repaired and improved.’
- ‘The need for protection of the Sundarbans is highlighted by the record of past local mammalian extinctions, including the wild buffalo, the swamp deer and the hog deer.’
- ‘I found out faster than a tick can jump onto a South Carolina swamp deer, that reloading does not save you one red cent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.