One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level.‘the sustainability of economic growth’‘schemes to ensure the long-term sustainability of the project’
- ‘We pursue economic sustainability through sound business principles.’
- ‘Sustainability benefits clients, primarily by lowering operating costs.’
- ‘Consultants questioned the long-term financial sustainability of the healthcare system.’
- ‘Healthy soil is identified as the first priority for long-term sustainability of food production.’
- ‘There can be no fiscal sustainability without a return to economic growth.’
- 1.1 Avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance.‘the pursuit of global environmental sustainability’‘the ecological sustainability of the planet’
- ‘Solar panels could be used on the new development as part of a drive towards environmental sustainability.’
- ‘Investment in biodiversity conservation and environmental sustainability is needed to maintain the country's international obligations.’
- ‘People are concerned about the ecological sustainability of marine farming.’
- ‘Human harvesting of shellfish has raised concerns over ecosystem sustainability.’
- ‘A major step towards ecological sustainability is to stop our incessant shopping.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.