One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ceiling with a space between it and the floor above from which it hangs.
- ‘The property is finished to a high specification and includes raised floors, suspended ceilings and full air-conditioning.’
- ‘Features of the building include suspended ceilings with recessed lighting, raised access floors wired for power, and full air conditioning.’
- ‘The development's specification includes raised access floors, suspended ceilings and a reception area.’
- ‘Features include raised access floors, suspended ceilings, air conditioning and two lifts.’
- ‘The block will feature raised floors, suspended ceilings and two passenger lifts.’
- ‘The final step in the design, then, was to raise the background level using a sound masking system having loudspeakers hidden above the suspended ceiling.’
- ‘Offices include raised floors, carpeting, suspended ceilings, HVAC, lighting and power, but exclude drywall.’
- ‘Aircraft noise is an increasing problem requiring the use of massive roofs on insulating supports, with suspended ceilings, floating floors, and multi-layered exterior walls.’
- ‘The floor is laid out in an open plan configuration with an extensive glazed elevation, and includes raised floors, suspended ceilings and full air conditioning.’
- ‘Each level will have raised access floors and suspended ceilings, with broadband connections available if required by the client.’
- ‘There are three compartment floor boxes, suspended ceilings and three 13-person lifts.’
- ‘Paramount Court features raised access floors, suspended ceilings, Category 2 lighting and a Velfac window system with natural wood interior.’
- ‘Caring for a suspended ceiling is an easy matter.’
- ‘The majority of the space has a bare uncarpeted concrete floor without a suspended ceiling.’
- ‘Co-ordination section drawings showed the relationships of the individual services as ‘layered’ above the suspended ceilings on each floor.’
- ‘The finished offices will have suspended ceilings and trunking for power and computer cabling.’
- ‘How am I supposed to do a proper interview hanging from the suspended ceiling?’
- ‘The layout for ceiling tiles is somewhat simpler than that for the suspended ceiling.’
- ‘Internally, the building has a full third-generation modern specification, including raised access floors, suspended ceilings and full air-conditioning.’
- ‘The specifications include raised access floor boxes, category five computer cabling, suspended ceilings, gas-fired central heating and common areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.