One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A ceiling with a space between it and the floor above from which it hangs.
- ‘The development's specification includes raised access floors, suspended ceilings and a reception area.’
- ‘There are three compartment floor boxes, suspended ceilings and three 13-person lifts.’
- ‘Paramount Court features raised access floors, suspended ceilings, Category 2 lighting and a Velfac window system with natural wood interior.’
- ‘The majority of the space has a bare uncarpeted concrete floor without a suspended ceiling.’
- ‘Internally, the building has a full third-generation modern specification, including raised access floors, suspended ceilings and full air-conditioning.’
- ‘The finished offices will have suspended ceilings and trunking for power and computer cabling.’
- ‘Caring for a suspended ceiling is an easy matter.’
- ‘The layout for ceiling tiles is somewhat simpler than that for the suspended ceiling.’
- ‘The final step in the design, then, was to raise the background level using a sound masking system having loudspeakers hidden above the suspended ceiling.’
- ‘The property is finished to a high specification and includes raised floors, suspended ceilings and full air-conditioning.’
- ‘The floor is laid out in an open plan configuration with an extensive glazed elevation, and includes raised floors, suspended ceilings and full air conditioning.’
- ‘Each level will have raised access floors and suspended ceilings, with broadband connections available if required by the client.’
- ‘The block will feature raised floors, suspended ceilings and two passenger lifts.’
- ‘Co-ordination section drawings showed the relationships of the individual services as ‘layered’ above the suspended ceilings on each floor.’
- ‘How am I supposed to do a proper interview hanging from the suspended ceiling?’
- ‘Aircraft noise is an increasing problem requiring the use of massive roofs on insulating supports, with suspended ceilings, floating floors, and multi-layered exterior walls.’
- ‘Features include raised access floors, suspended ceilings, air conditioning and two lifts.’
- ‘Offices include raised floors, carpeting, suspended ceilings, HVAC, lighting and power, but exclude drywall.’
- ‘The specifications include raised access floor boxes, category five computer cabling, suspended ceilings, gas-fired central heating and common areas.’
- ‘Features of the building include suspended ceilings with recessed lighting, raised access floors wired for power, and full air conditioning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.