One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A survival curve.
- ‘For clarity, Figure 1 shows average longevities instead of overlaid survivorship curves.’
- ‘Natural clusters and rich collections of isolated elements allowed calculations of size frequency distributions and construction of survivorship curves.’
- ‘Recruitment and survivorship curves were calculated for each of the three years of the study, using data from saplings recorded in the 1998 field census.’
- ‘The cumulative survivorship curve was well described by a nonlinear bivariate fit.’
- ‘The shape of a survivorship curve gives an indication of when environmental forces act on a population.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.