One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A graph showing the proportion of a population living after a given age, or at a given time after contracting a serious disease or receiving a radiation dose.
- ‘The survival curve of each group is shown in Figure 1.’
- ‘The survival curve for the KHT sarcoma cells with radiation alone was not significantly biphasic.’
- ‘In general, below twenty thousand tons the survival curve goes flat.’
- ‘The pattern of the survival curve suggests a rebound in events in the prednisolone group between four and eight months.’
- ‘Review of the survival curve reveals a steady but small trend in favor of aspirin regarding the primary outcome.’
- ‘Survival was measured according to the Kaplan-Meier survival curve, and significance was evaluated by the log-rank test.’
- ‘He argues that patients should be allowed time to try alternatives or to prove themselves ‘good’ outliers on the survival curve before being rushed into chemotherapy.’
- ‘Although we assumed that the probability of predation would increase with time since initiation of incubation, the survival curve of nests did not depict this.’
- ‘Figure 5 presents a survival curve for relapse to cocaine use.’
- ‘The complete survival curve calculated with individual data coming from these and other subjects is reported elsewhere.’
- ‘All groups of the survival experiments produced the typical survival curve.’
- ‘A comparison of the response intervals with survival rates shows a steep decrease in the survival curve during the first five minutes, after which the slope gradually levels off.’
- ‘This has the effect of causing the cumulative survival curve to level out slightly at 8-10 years.’
- ‘This way of handling censored observations is the same as for the Kaplan-Meier survival curve.’
- ‘In contrast, the survival curve of failures for those who had received treatment followed a slow decline until month 11, when only a third of the failures had done so.’
- ‘The male's survival curve (thick line with the axis inverted) is superimposed on to the female survival curve (broken line) to form this graph.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.