One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large bag made of plastic or metal foil, used in an emergency by climbers and others as a protection against exposure.
- ‘Duncan was feeling very cold and got his survival bag out.’
- ‘He was quite well provided for and he had a survival bag which helped reduce heat loss.’
- ‘Running as quietly as he could through the apartment, he grabbed his survival bag and headed for the back door.’
- ‘We jettisoned all unnecessary gear, even the emergency survival bag, and we loaded up with sun cream, soaked our hats, filled our bottles, donned our shades and wandered down to the barrage.’
- ‘All walkers are reminded that they must have a whistle and a survival bag on all walks in the interest of safety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.