A large bag made of plastic or metal foil, used in an emergency by climbers and others as a protection against exposure.
- ‘Duncan was feeling very cold and got his survival bag out.’
- ‘We jettisoned all unnecessary gear, even the emergency survival bag, and we loaded up with sun cream, soaked our hats, filled our bottles, donned our shades and wandered down to the barrage.’
- ‘He was quite well provided for and he had a survival bag which helped reduce heat loss.’
- ‘All walkers are reminded that they must have a whistle and a survival bag on all walks in the interest of safety.’
- ‘Running as quietly as he could through the apartment, he grabbed his survival bag and headed for the back door.’