One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that attempts to avoid notice or attention; secretively.‘Mary surreptitiously slipped from the room’‘surreptitiously recorded conversations’
- ‘She surreptitiously sneaks a bite of food.’
- ‘Blinds and windows can be surreptitiously opened.’
- ‘They surreptitiously give aid to the family.’
- ‘Many programs that surreptitiously access the internet go undetected by users.’
- ‘By the time our desserts arrive, people are glancing surreptitiously at their watches.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.