One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Duly appear in court after release on bail.
- ‘He was also convicted of failing to surrender to bail.’
- ‘The offences include thefts, stealing cars, assaults on police officers, drugs offences and failing to surrender to bail.’
- ‘Marshall, who was convicted of the assault in July last year, had also been found guilty of three counts of failing to surrender to bail.’
- ‘The youngsters also had violent histories with one having previous convictions for battery, assault, and assault with actual bodily harm and the other having convictions for battery, affray and failing to surrender to bail.’
- ‘A 16-year-old youth, alleged to have been involved in the robbery, has not surrendered to bail and is being sought.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.