One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being surreal; bizarreness.‘the surrealness of current events begs one to stop and think’
- ‘It's dubbed, so the words don't match, but I think this just adds to the sheer surrealness.’
- ‘Great tension and drama, and there's a perfect Hitchcockian surrealness about this scene.’
- ‘Despite the surrealness of the plot, it never sways in a storm of melodrama.’
- ‘While that scene is obviously not a typical musical number, it does add a surrealness to the proceedings which, when married with character and story depth, can be effective.’
- ‘Their surrealness is contained within a careful continuum in which the lyrics play off one another both rhythmically and melodically.’
- ‘Citing life as an inspiration in itself, Ms Jennings' style reflects "versatility with a hint of surrealness".’
- ‘The animation (as well as the painterly differences in the animation styles) reinforced the surrealness or hyper-realness of the experience.’
- ‘The very surrealness of current events begs one to stop and think about the deeper implications of it all.’
- ‘The last shot, though lovely in its So-Cal surrealness, seems off-point and anachronistic.’
- ‘Individuals who use this research drug feel some psychedelic effects, surrealness, distance disorientation, time bafflement, and blocked senses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.