One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Matt Dillon is as surreally handsome in person as he is on screen.’
- ‘The subjects are surreally grouped together, with no clear spatial relationships among them.’
- ‘Along with the instrumentals composed specifically for its soundtrack, the piece incorporated some of the record's pop numbers, surreally transformed on stage by a classically trained opera singer.’
- ‘In the first few pages, however, there are intriguing hints that this book might be about to hurtle surreally into the territory of magical realism.’
- ‘She looked dropped into the scene from some other place, surreally disconnected like Dick Van Dyke dancing with the penguins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.