One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Along with the instrumentals composed specifically for its soundtrack, the piece incorporated some of the record's pop numbers, surreally transformed on stage by a classically trained opera singer.’
- ‘Matt Dillon is as surreally handsome in person as he is on screen.’
- ‘She looked dropped into the scene from some other place, surreally disconnected like Dick Van Dyke dancing with the penguins.’
- ‘In the first few pages, however, there are intriguing hints that this book might be about to hurtle surreally into the territory of magical realism.’
- ‘The subjects are surreally grouped together, with no clear spatial relationships among them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.