One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Marxist theory) the excess of value produced by the labour of workers over the wages they are paid.
- ‘Surplus labour creates surplus value, and on Marx's analysis, surplus value is the source of all profit.’
- ‘At a certain point it is confronted with the fact that it is a claim on surplus value and this surplus value has to be actually extracted from the working class.’
- ‘Typically they argued that capitalists obtain surplus value by purchasing labour for less than the value of its products.’
- ‘Capitalism works through wages and surplus value.’
- ‘Out of the growing mass of surplus value, capitalist governments were able to finance social welfare spending and other concessions to the working class.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.