One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We had banners, chanting, and a number of surpliced clergy, besides a large congregation.’
- ‘Gradually a surpliced choir began to lead the music.’
- ‘Several churches in Cornwall record the first appearance of a surpliced choir, singing in the chancel, and accompanied by an organ.’
- ‘The introduction of the surpliced choir in England has been associated with the Cambridge Camden Society.’
- ‘This church introduced a surpliced choir, pew rental and housed the first pipe organ and heating system in San Diego.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.