One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A four-point deficit would not have been surmountable, especially with the aid of the wind on the turnover but an injury time goal had a devastating effect on the Ballyfin girls.’
- ‘You inspire us to know that all obstacles of human achievement and progress are surmountable.’
- ‘Both face awkward, but surmountable, opposition this weekend.’
- ‘Still, these dialogue issues might be surmountable if the story didn't focus so heavily on unspoken questions and half-articulated criticisms.’
- ‘Given enough identifiers, every spam attack is surmountable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.