One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or pastime of riding a wave towards the shore while standing or lying on a surfboard; surfing.‘after a day of surfboarding, he suffered severe low back pain’
- ‘Like my wife and two sons, I've got a major interest in water sports - surfboarding, surf ski riding and spear fishing.’
- ‘By the Twenties, Californians had imported surfboarding from Hawaii.’
- ‘Swimming, surfboarding, scuba diving, track and field, and long-distance running also are growing in popularity.’
- ‘Skateboarding originated as an offshoot of surfboarding in California in the 1960s.’
- ‘The family decides to take a vacation and stop off in California to visit their daughter, Sandi, and her hunky surfboarding fiance, Michael.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.