One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport or pastime of riding a wave towards the shore while standing or lying on a surfboard; surfing.‘after a day of surfboarding, he suffered severe low back pain’
- ‘Like my wife and two sons, I've got a major interest in water sports - surfboarding, surf ski riding and spear fishing.’
- ‘The family decides to take a vacation and stop off in California to visit their daughter, Sandi, and her hunky surfboarding fiance, Michael.’
- ‘By the Twenties, Californians had imported surfboarding from Hawaii.’
- ‘Swimming, surfboarding, scuba diving, track and field, and long-distance running also are growing in popularity.’
- ‘Skateboarding originated as an offshoot of surfboarding in California in the 1960s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.