One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long, narrow shaped board used in surfing.
- ‘First came surfboards, and right on the heels of that came surf trunks and wetsuits.’
- ‘Throughout the next four decades a number of different approaches and experiments were applied to surfboards.’
- ‘At each stop locals can meet the professionals, borrow 10 brand new surfboards to surf with their heroes, or try new stunts at the portable skate ramp.’
- ‘The shack was filled with surfboards and a few odd skim boards.’
- ‘Use a lot of strength in this maneuver, so as to spear the surfboard through the wave.’
- ‘The beach butlers also can arrange for Boogie boards and surfboards if you'd rather stay atop the waves.’
- ‘Some would have you believe that certain surfboards, wetsuits, trunks, or sunglasses make you 22 forever.’
- ‘Since surfboards are the key element in what we do we'll start there.’
- ‘We used to live in Yup Central, and every spring there would be discarded surfboards on certain trash days.’
- ‘The thieves got away with six wetsuits, an expensive surfboard, a mountain bike and a mountain board, designed to be towed along beaches by a kite.’
- ‘When I was that kid I couldn't wait to get a surfboard, go to Hawaii, and get lost in the surfing life.’
- ‘The sand is black, it was very hot and sunny and if we had taken a surfboard we could have surfed on the waves.’
- ‘Since I was on a bodyboard and he was on a surfboard, he could cover a little more distance.’
- ‘Since the first auction in 2001, there was an apparent shift in collectors' interest to surfboards from the 1970s.’
- ‘The guys finished their night surfing and ran into their house with their surfboards under their arms.’
- ‘As with shaping or glassing surfboards, there is nothing like trying it yourself for a truly humbling experience.’
- ‘It was during this period that Zuma started getting a lot of surfboards.’
- ‘I ride my Paipos or handboards, and the kids ride surfboards that I have shaped.’
- ‘He experienced the best and the worst of Pipeline with a perfect 10, a handful of hideous wipeouts and broken surfboards.’
- ‘Find an old surfboard that is big for your size and floats you well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.