One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long, narrow shaped board used in surfing.
- ‘Since the first auction in 2001, there was an apparent shift in collectors' interest to surfboards from the 1970s.’
- ‘At each stop locals can meet the professionals, borrow 10 brand new surfboards to surf with their heroes, or try new stunts at the portable skate ramp.’
- ‘First came surfboards, and right on the heels of that came surf trunks and wetsuits.’
- ‘Some would have you believe that certain surfboards, wetsuits, trunks, or sunglasses make you 22 forever.’
- ‘The shack was filled with surfboards and a few odd skim boards.’
- ‘Use a lot of strength in this maneuver, so as to spear the surfboard through the wave.’
- ‘Throughout the next four decades a number of different approaches and experiments were applied to surfboards.’
- ‘When I was that kid I couldn't wait to get a surfboard, go to Hawaii, and get lost in the surfing life.’
- ‘He experienced the best and the worst of Pipeline with a perfect 10, a handful of hideous wipeouts and broken surfboards.’
- ‘We used to live in Yup Central, and every spring there would be discarded surfboards on certain trash days.’
- ‘I ride my Paipos or handboards, and the kids ride surfboards that I have shaped.’
- ‘The thieves got away with six wetsuits, an expensive surfboard, a mountain bike and a mountain board, designed to be towed along beaches by a kite.’
- ‘Since surfboards are the key element in what we do we'll start there.’
- ‘The sand is black, it was very hot and sunny and if we had taken a surfboard we could have surfed on the waves.’
- ‘As with shaping or glassing surfboards, there is nothing like trying it yourself for a truly humbling experience.’
- ‘Find an old surfboard that is big for your size and floats you well.’
- ‘It was during this period that Zuma started getting a lot of surfboards.’
- ‘Since I was on a bodyboard and he was on a surfboard, he could cover a little more distance.’
- ‘The beach butlers also can arrange for Boogie boards and surfboards if you'd rather stay atop the waves.’
- ‘The guys finished their night surfing and ran into their house with their surfboards under their arms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.